This tutorial demonstrates dotmesh: a tool for capturing, organizing and sharing your application states.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to deploy dotmesh on a computer running Linux (provided)
- How to use dotmesh to capture application state into a datadot
- How to push datadots into dothub
- How to set up your computer (Linux or Mac) as another dotmesh server so you can try moving datadots between the katacoda server and your computer, via dothub.
1) Download the dotmesh client binary.
curl -o /usr/local/bin/dm https://get.dotmesh.io/$(uname -s)/dm && chmod +x /usr/local/bin/dm
2) Create a local instance of the dotmesh server. NOTE: You do not need to keep a note of the secret for this tutorial.
dm cluster init
3) Check that the local dotmesh client can talk to the local dotmesh server.
If you can see the version of both the client and the server, your installation has been successful. Onward!